From Artist To Social Media Consultant: Who is Sorg?


A brief word about my credentials seems appropriate here. I'm an artist but I'm also a marketing fanatic. How did this come about?

As an artist, I quickly learned to build an audience. I've owned a couple art galleries and promoted hundreds of art shows for my own work as well as the work of others. I realized that all the work put in needs to be seen to be appreciated–otherwise, we're wasting our time.

• Co-founded NadaDada Motel. In its 5th year, this art-in-motel-rooms exhibition has been featured in countless articles and blog stories, as well as a feature story in the New York Times and also on the San Francisco Museum of Art's blog.
• Lives in public display windows to blog about it and engage a daily audience
• At one time, managed over 30 fanpages with thousands of fans
• Blogged a live telethon for the SPCA and saw a 300% gain in viewership thru integrated social media promotion
• Created promotional videos and maintained a Facebook fanpage for Voters For Sensible Growth

I've taught art to at-risk youth. I've taught digital photography and editing at the Nevada Museum of Art. I taught Flash animation at Truckee Meadows Community College and I've consulted businesses and private individuals with social media solutions.

Social Media hasn't replaced advertising yet but has merged the profession with public relations with a do-it-yourself twist. We must maintain our presence and continue to present relevant and captivating content for our friends and fans. All eyes on us!


No comments: